It's decided: a long summer weekend in the Venice of the Alps is yours! You've made the best decision and we'll tell you why (with a few little nuggets to discover between lake and mountain).
- Take a half-day stroll (at least!) through the old town, discovering craftsmen, ice-cream parlours, churches, shops and restaurants, along the canals and up to the Paquier, a huge grassy esplanade on the lakefront
- Take a pedal boat or boat trip on the lake, you will be spoilt for choice on the Paquier and at the landing stage in the old town - Go for a day's hike to discover the most beautiful panoramas around the lake. The Taillefer is THE hike to do directly from our campsite if you are staying with us in Saint Jorioz.
- Plan a bike ride around the lake, picnic and swimming costume in your backpack! Count on 3 hours of pedaling for the 35 km tour of the lake, and as much as you wish to laze around on one of the many beaches that border the lake
- Visit the Secret Gardens in Vaulx, 30 minutes by car from Annecy: a typical Moroccan garden, imagined and created by a family of North African origin and adopted from Haute-Savoie.
- Discover the Château de Menthon which overlooks the lake. With its small turrets of different heights, it seems that Walt Disney was inspired to design the castle of Sleeping Beauty...
Want to know more about Annecy and its treasures? Contact us directly, the team of Camping Europa Annecy will be happy to answer you!